Monday, September 28, 2009

Show and Tell #2: Robo Nurse


For last week's show and tell I came across an article about Machines That Heal. I thought the layout included good photos of the object they were describing. I like how they had a WHAT, WHERE, WHY, and WOW descriptions before going into the main description. I thought the large photo of Robo Nurse was a nice example of a photo crossing over into the gutter. Two photos, one on each page shows the Robo Nurse in action, serving food and gripping a straw.

Favorite line: "Twenty-One, the bedside nurse-bot, has soft fingertips nimble enough to delicately grip a drinking straw and arms with the strength to lift an adult out of bed."

WOW: Lightly tapping force and pressure sensors in Twenty-One's chest tells the robot to back off.

1 comment:

  1. um. this is super scary. remember i robot? lame movie but...

    ReplyDelete