
I discovered Hampton Mansion when I attended the College of Notre Dame of Maryland. Beautiful buildings and a rich history mark the historic site, which in my opinion is a photographer's dream. Last year was the first time I stepped inside the actual home. I usually spend my time on the grounds, snapping my Nikon away and exploring the family cemetery. My black and white photo of the Long House Granary was selected as a finalist (and published) for Photographer’s Forum: Best of College Photography Annual 2003.
The newly renovated mansion is opened to the public for free. Upcoming events such as Harvest Day and Hampton Hallows are free to the public as well.
I hope to post more photos of the Hampton grounds in upcoming blogs, but it would be more fun to explore them for yourself!
http://www.nps.gov/hamp/index.htm

This is so cool! I can't wait to check this place out. Maybe I'll take some photos and see an "orb" in there!
ReplyDelete